Types of Diet:
Here are listed some benefits of dandelion leaves so you can see how benefitial is to add some of them to your food.
- A natural source of minerals such as calcium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc and iron
- Provides the Vitamins A, B, C, and D
- Acts as a blood purifying agent
- A mild laxative for constipation symptoms
- Stimulates urinary function to help flush out toxins (diuretic)
- Promotes optimal digestive function
- Nourishes and boosts overall liver (hepatic) performance
Use vegetable stock instead of water for better flavour.
- Put the Quinoa into a sieve and rinse well under cold running water.
- Melt coconut oil or butter in a pan.
- Add the chopped leek (use green part as well) and cook over a medium heat for about 5 minutes until it is just softened.
- Add chopped celery sticks and cook over a medium heat for another 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Quinoa to the pan and cook for 1 minute, stirring to coat the grains in oil.
- Pour in the water and bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover and aimer very gently for 10 minutes.
- Add finely chopped dandelion and Swiss chard leaves.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove the pan from the heat without lifting the lid. Leave to stand it for about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the sprigs of fresh parsley or coriander.