Types of Diet:
This hummus recipe uses cannellini beans instead of traditional chickpeas .This is a quick and easy recipe (once you cook the beans) that makes the most delicious variation on hummus.
- Drain the beans and cover with fresh water in a pan. Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours, or until soft.Drain.
- Put the beans in a blender or food processor and process to a coarse puree. Add the lemon juice, garlic, spring onions, roasted red pepper, tahini, olive oil, water and blend until smooth and creamy, scraping the mixture down from the sides of the bowl.
- Season the puree with salt, black pepper and ground coriander. Transfer to a serving dish.
How to roast red peppers:
- In the oven place clean whole fresh peppers on a baking dish.
- Broil under medium heat, turning frequently, as necessary, until the entire pepper skin has turned black and blistery.
- Remove from oven and place peppers into an airtight container such as a bowl with a lid, or a plastic or paper bag.
- Let the peppers rest in the container for 10 to 15 minutes to build up steam that is needed to aid in the removal of the pepper skin.
- Remove from container and peel off the skin.Cut the pepper in half, core and remove seeds.